Expungements Made Easy (Pro Bono Guidance Program)
Jobs Not Jails was a program launch by Jefferson County Sheriff Mark Pettaway for leveling the job playing field for those who had criminal records keeping them from jobs. We established a working partnership with them in 2021 to help improve your odds to design the life you deserve again. Let’s make it easy to apply for an expungement today.
Expungements can help you because they literally clear or seal your criminal past which comes up a lot in job interviews as a huge barrier.
Neena cannot do anything on this matter until you follow those steps.
- Contact Felicia by phone or email
- Felicia will email you the application plus instructions
- You fill out the two page application, come in to the sheriff’s office to get fingerprinted and obtain your $25 Money Order and Color Copy of Your Driver’s License
- Send all these the ALEA Records department indicated in your application
- Then wait 5-8 weeks for that background report to be mailed to you from ALEA
- When you receive your background check report contact Felicia again. She will email us your confirmed info
LAST STEP: [This is when you contact Neena]
- Set a meeting with Neena so she can work on your petition.*
* = Neena is not responsible for your filing fees and for each charge there is a mandatory $500 fee PER ARREST.
2. Neena fills out the paperwork to be filed for each charge that qualifies for expungement and YOU file the paperwork
3. If you get confused, Neena will be there for a scheduled virtual consult again
We know this is overwhelming, but this is how the process can be handled as efficiently as possible. We hope that helps give you more clarity.